WHAT IS INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE?
Indian Head Massage is a relaxing massage of the lower back, shoulders, neck,scalp and face as well as the arms. Indian head massage helps to relax areas in the body which are tense bringing balance to the body’s energy by releasing stress and tension.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE?
The beauty of Indian head massage is that it works in the areas affected by both mental and emotional stress, and can bring instant relief. Our head, neck and shoulders hold a lot of tension which causes the muscles under our skin to tighten which can often result in tension headaches or anxiety . Indian Head Massage relaxes these muscles which increases blood flow to the area alleviating anxiety and relaxing the whole body.
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE IS A WONDERFUL THERAPY FOR:
- Tense or tired shoulders
- Tension of the head, neck and back
- Work related stress
- Increasing mental alertness
- Increasing lymphatic drainage
- Inducing feelings of deep relaxation, calmness and well being
Although Indian Head Massage is a natural therapy anyone suffering from any of the following conditions should not have this therapy. Most of these are self-explanatory however it is always best to err on the side of caution.
- High temperature, fever, swelling or inflammation
- Severe bruising, any skin disorder’s in the massage area
- Recent injury, accident or surgery in the head, neck and shoulder areas such as concussion, whiplash etc.
- Acute infectious diseases i.e. chest infections, colds, flu, coughs,Infections of the scalp.
- Whilst under going treatment for serious medical conditions i.e. cancer
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Heart condition
- Recent haemorrage
When in doubt about a condition, I ask the client to consult his or her doctor before proceeding with a treatment.